TARIFF FOR PILOTAGE SERVICES
in the ports of: Szczecin, Swinoujscie, Trzebiez, Stepnica and Police
valid from 1st December 2015, as amended
Approved by Szczecin-Pilot Ltd. on 19th November 1999
1. Rates are given in euro.
2. The conversion of the charges to the currency of payment shall be based on the average official exchange rate for the preceding day the pilot services had been completed, as published by the Polish National Bank..
3. Costs of activities related to services performed on the basis of regulation of the authorities of the state administration shall be borne by the party to whom the service was provided.
4. Charge for the pilotage service is based on the volume of the vessel or towing unit. The volume of the vessel or towing unit is calculated according to the following formula:
V = L x B x T
- V - Volume of the vessel, expressed in cubic meters,
- L - Length overall of the vessel or towing unit (LOA), expressed in meters and centimetres,
- B - Maximum breadth of the vessel or towing unit, expressed in meters and centimetres,
- T - Maximum summer draught, expressed in meters and centimetres.
The data necessary for the calculation of the volume shall be determined on the basis of ships Tonnage Certificate or Certificate of Registry. In case it is not possible to determine data on the above mentioned basis, the data from Lloyd's Register of Ships shall be used.
Calculate basic charge:
5. Charges from the table relate to:
a) pilotage service for inbound/outbound vessels from/to the sea to/from the port of Swinoujscie
b) pilotage service for shifting the vessels within the ports of Szczecin, Swinoujscie, Trzebiez, Stepnica and Police
a) pilotage service for the inbound/outbound vessels from/to the sea or port of Swinoujscie to/from the ports of Szczecin, Police, Trzebież, Stepnica.
6. The charge for pilot services on the vessels not having determined tonnage measurements shall be taken based on mutual agreement but not less than 50 euros for every 30 minutes of the service.
7. The charge for the waiting time of the ordered pilot on board of the vessel, lasting more than 30 minutes, shall be applied in the amount of 50 euros for every 30 minutes. . In case the waiting time lasts more than 2 hours the pilot service is cancelled. The Pilot can be ordered again in accordance with the general procedures.
The charge for the waiting time of the ordered pilot at the pilot station in Swinoujscie, lasting over 2 hours, shall be applied in the amount of 100 euros for every 60 minutes.
8. Cancellation of the pilot services less than 2 hours before ordered time will be charged with lump sum fee of 100 euros. Same fee will be charged for the cancellation of the pilot services less than 4 hours before ordered time for the inbound vessels from the sea.
The ordered time of the pilot services can be postponed free of charge providing that the change is declared more than 1 hour before original time. If the next delay within the same order is required or the first one is declared less than 1 hour before original time, a lump sum fee of 100 euros will be charged.
a) Training vessels and governmental service vessels have 50% discount on pilotage fee.
b) Passenger vessels have 25% discount on pilotage fee.
10. For the pilotage services rendered to the vessels without operational main engine or steering gear a surcharge of 50% will be applied to the basic charge from appropriate column.
11. Vessels with length overall of more than 140m inbound/outbound to/from port of Szczecin and vessels with length overall of more than 150m inbound/outbound to/from port of Police for which, according to Port Regulations, harbour pilotage is compulsory, additional charge of 330 euros for such service will be applied.
12. For vessels bound for Swinoujscie for which, according to Port Regulations, harbour pilotage is compulsory, additional charge of 330 euros for such service will be applied. Such additional charge will be reduced to 165 euros for ships of less than 2000GT bound for Maritime Shipyard "GRYFIA" and Odra Port shipyard in Swinoujscie.
13. For pilot services rendered within shipyards area the charge from column A + 50% will be applied
a) For vessels docking or undocking to/from shipyards berths the charge from column A or B + 10% will be applied.
b) For shifting the vessel from/to shipyard berth to/from commercial berth the charge from column A + 10% will be applied.
c) Above mentioned 10% surcharge will be applied to the entire charge for pilotage service excluding harbour pilotage charge, additional charge for night services and co-pilot.
d) For the purpose of this tariff, shipyard berth is defined as berth used for shipbuilding or ship repairing purposes and defined as such by Maritime Office in Szczecin in the List of Safe Draughts.
14. For docking or undocking the vessel from floating dock the charge from column A + 100% will be applied.
15. For pilotage services rendered to the vessels inbound/outbound to/from port of Szczecin during night time, which are allowed to proceed on conditions set by Harbour Master and Chief Pilot the charge from column B + 10% will be applied.
16. For pilotage services during ice conditions a surcharge of 3% will be applied to the basic fee from relevant column A or B. Ice conditions are when Ice Bulletin is being issued for the pilotage area.
17. For pilot boat transfer services a charge of 250 euros for the first hour and 150 euros for every next hour will be applied. Hire time counts from pilot boat departure from the base station till return to the base station.
Pilot boat hire is possible if the weather permits and it does not interfere with regular services.
18. If the pilot service lasts longer than 8 hours counting from commencement of pilot
services an additional charge of 100 euros for every hour beyond 8 hours will be
applied. If for any reason such as the legal regulations or request from the Master, pilot shall
remain on board a compensation shall be paid in amount of 100 euros for every
If pilot change is necessary, an extra charge of 250 euros will be applied for such pilot change.
19. Vessels trading on liner shipping services are entitled to the following discounts:
- not less than 2 calls per month - 20%
- 1 call per week - 25%
- 2 calls per week - 30%
- not less than 10 calls per month - 33%
- 3 or more calls per week - 40%
20. For vessels, starting with 11th call in each calendar year, a 20% discount may be granted providing that agent or owner will apply to Szczecin-Pilot Ltd. for such discount.
a) pushing or towing units benefit from 30% discount on pilotage charges from the first call of the year, with the exception of units with pontoon, for which parties shall determine the charge as specified in para 25 of the Tariff.
b) barge units and other floating units towed on a soft tow are regarded as the vessels without operational engines and a surcharge of 50% will be applied.
21. For vessels inbound/outbound to/from port of Swinoujscie, when pilot boards or disembarks at pilot position no. 3 (vicinity of buoy N-2) a surcharge of 50% will be applied and when pilot boards or disembarks in vicinity of buoy N-1 or anchorage no.3 a surcharge of 60% will be applied
22. For pilotage services rendered to the vessels with LOA of more than 250m in port of Swinoujscie and to the vessels with LOA of more than 215m in ports of Szczecin or Police or oversize, the charge from column A or B + 10% will be applied.
a) For pilotage services rendered to the vessels with maximum draft of more than 11,0m or LNG tanker, the charge from column A or B + 10% will be applied.
23. For pilotage services rendered to the vessels bound to/from German border on Zalew Szczecinski the charge from column B will be applied plus fixed charge for pilot boat service of 250 euros.
24. For launching the vessel from shipyard's slip the charge from column A + 100% will be applied.
25. If the pilotage services require 2 pilots on board the vessel or towing unit, the charge from column A or B + 25% will be applied.
26. Detailed explanations/definitions:
a) rules for compulsory pilotage are stipulated in Port Regulations.
b) shifting of the vessel between ports Szczecin, Police and ports of Zalew Szczecinski shall be regarded as shifting within port of Szczecin - the charge from column A + 10% will be applied.
c) liner shipping service means regular shipping service between ports of Szczecin/Swinoujscie area and other ports as defined in Port Dues Tariff.
d) charges resulting from calculations from column A or B shall be rounded to whole euros, whereby amounts of 50 cents or more will be rounded up and amounts less than 50 cents will be rounded down.
27. The pilot services not defined in this tariff, including services rendered to the shipyards which organize their own pilotage services, shall be rendered on the basis of mutual agreement between parties concerned.
28. Szczecin-Pilot Ltd. may apply other charges than stipulated in this Tariff having due regard to the principle of equal treatment and non-discrimination of its customers and rational management.
29. Orders for the pilot services can be done on behalf of the ships owner by the Agent, which is liable for the payment of the charges. If ordering party is not liable for the payments for the pilot services then the written confirmation is required. Pilot receipt, signed by the master of the piloted vessel is confirming liability for the payment of pilotage charges.
* consolidated text as of the 30th October 2015, including amendments introduced by the following annexes:
- Annex no 1 dated 5th July 2000
- Annex no 2 dated 24th October 2002
- Annex no 3 dated 30th May 2003
- Annex no 4 dated 7th December 2004
- Annex no 5 dated 30th January 2006
- Annex no 6 dated 6th March 2006
- Annex no 7 dated 30th June 2008
- Annex no 8 dated 30 November 2011
- Annex no 9 dated 19th December 2013
- Annex no 10 dated 19th January 2014
- Annex no 11 dated 10th April 2014
- Annex no 12 dated 30th October 2015 (since 1.12.2015)
|Ships volume range (cbm)||A |
|0 - 20 000||100 euro + 0,27 euro for each 10cbm||300 euro + 0,54 euro for each 10cbm|
|20 001 - 75 000||640 euro + 0,18 euro for each 10cbm over 20000cbm||1 380 euro + 0,36 euro for each 10cbm over 20 000cbm|
|75 001 - - 150 000||1 630 euro + 0,10 euro for each 10cbm over 75 000cbm||3 360 euro + 0,20 euro for each 10cbm over 75 000cbm|
|150 001 - - 300 000||2 380 euro + 0,05 euro for each 10cbm over 150 000cbm||4 860 euro + 0,08 euro for each 10cbm over 150 000cbm|